Friday, March 17, 2006

Amazing Technology

I know others have said this many times, but I was reminded this morning about the amazing age of technology we live in.

Sweety posed the question of how do "they" determine when is Easter? Since my laptop was sitting on the foot stool, somehow connected wirelessly to the internet, I picked up my wireless mouse and Googled "Easter dates" and in less than a second I had a list of hundreds of thousands of references to those two words. The first one in the list had something to do with "Ash Wednesday", but the next was exactly the bit of information I was looking for.

So I was thinking about H's birthday coming up and how she probably takes for granted all this technology. She is exactly half my age, and she has had computer access for more than half her life.

But it also occurs to me that her generation has not witnessed one of the greatest technological accomplishments of my generation. She was born six years after man first walked on the moon on 20 July, 1969, and three years after man last walked on the moon on 7 December, 1972. BTW I googled that information.

So, you ask, when is Easter? The simple explanation is the first Sunday after the first full moon on or after the vernal equinox on March 21st. Or, no earlier than March 22nd or later than April 25th.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Conduct said...

Yeah, kids these days!

I do still marvel at how readily information is accessed. I still remember having to go to the library or look it up in the encyclopedia or ask my dad and wonder just how made up the answer is... :)

7:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home