Monday, March 20, 2006

He's Baaa-aack!

We picked up the Bubster Saturday, and frankly, I'm disappointed in what we got for our $2,200. What I got out of it was that he is a good dog, he didn't display any aggressive tendencies while at Man's Best Friend, and we just need to work on obedience. And I shouldn't make the leash shorter by using my left hand. And we get lifetime training for him (and us).

I admit I have not been as consistant as I should have been in making him heel when we walk. I also learned to not put him away in a bedroom when a stranger comes to the house. We need to put his leash on him and teach him to "make friends" by letting him see the visitor come through the door, getting the visitor to stand still while Bubba "makes friends", and yanking his chain when he shows the slightest aggression. Hope this works.

Sweety needs to practice with him, but so far, nothing has happened. I hope she will try to become a good master so he will come to her when she calls him. That seems to be a big deal with her, as it should be. But he can't be blamed if she doesn't work on it.

So, long story short, he is still going to be around for a while. Hope he sticks.

UPDATE: Sweety spent several minutes walking Bubba last night. Way to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home